Before the Pandemic, I was busy being a Mom, a Chemistry Teacher a LifeCoach and a Group Fitness Instructor. All that came to a screeching halt on March 12, which also happened to be my birthday. In the month since then I have learned many things and all of them are hard truths that took a pandemic for me to realize:
- I love the people I used to interact with on a daily basis – family, students, co-workers, The Thoreau group fitness participants & instructors
- I profoundly miss being able to hug those people I used to see daily
- I can stay in touch with my family even though they are hundreds or thousands of miles away. Distance is no longer a viable excuse to not stay connected
- I appreciate the people that have braved this pandemic and continue to work. I know it isn’t a choice for most of them and I have a deep appreciation for their sacrifice.
- I am grateful for my health and the health of those I love.
- I love being an educator and I love the connections I can make with the students I teach.